Something to chew on

Monday, August 20, 2007

I Feel More Fit Already!!!

Cole and I ran errands yesterday. He thinks it's dorky, I'm sure, but I love just running around with him when we don't have an agenda or a schedule or a place we have to be. Just running around. Grabbing a sandwich, buying new tennis shoes, dropping my bike off for a tune-up. We have a great time just sitting in the truck, laughing and making fun of the way other people drive...

Anyway, back to dropping my bike off. I haven't put my butt to seat in well over six months, so when we got a coupon in the mail for half off of a tune-up at a new bike shop on South Lamar that had just opened up, I knew it was a sign. I've been whining for months now about needing to do something more active, and this was the kick in the pants I needed. My plan, if I can keep from just turning my alarm off, is to bike three mornings a week. I can get up, walk the dogs, jump on the bike, shower and be at work by 8:30 on those mornings. Then on the evenings when we have a simple dinner planned and Cole is feeling up to it, we can bike together before relaxing for the night.

Ahhhh, I feel better already just to have a plan in place... and my bike should be ready by this weekend.

My day in numbers...

Breakfast: cereal: 3 points
soymilk: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: quesadilla: 6 points
pickled okra: 0 points
mini peanut butter cup: 1 point

Afternoon snack: SB snack bar: 2 points

Dinner: pork chop: 3 points
apple: 1 point
parmesan: 1 point
Oreo snackster (evil): 3 points

TOTAL: 23 points.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • You live RIGHT NEXT TO the veloway!!! How can this be a chore?

    By Blogger Stacey, at August 20, 2007 11:50 PM  

  • I know, I know. But that's why I'm getting the bike in working order again. Because the veloway is right here, I should have no excuses.

    I've never been a big fan of intentional exercise, but my body's age is telling me that it's time. I won't be 29 forever... ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at August 21, 2007 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger