Something to chew on

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fruit Is Good

We should all eat more fruit. It's good and good for us. Our bodies make good use of the nutrients and there are no empty, junk calories to worry about.

After making the peach-blueberry crisp yesterday, I had leftover blueberries. Sadly, the thought of just tossing them in the trash crossed my mind. Can you imagine?!? I'm glad I didn't...

I put half a cup in my cereal this morning. And I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but I didn't need a mid-morning snack. I say "need" because that is normally what a mid-morning snack is for me: a need. About two hours after breakfast on a regular day, my blood sugar drops to sometimes dangerous levels (if you consider passing out dangerous). But today, I was fine. Was it the natural sugar in the berries? The fiber? Was it the protein in the soymilk? I don't know. But it saved me a couple of points today, and I like that.

Breakfast:
1/2 cereal: 3 points
1/2 soymilk: 1 point
1/2 blueberries: 0.5 points

Lunch: mini bagel pizzas: 5 points
pretzels: 2 points

Afternoon snack: snack cakes: 1 point
trail mix: 3 points

Dinner: taco: 4 points
chips and salsa: 2 points

TOTAL: 21.5. I wish I could do that every day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger