Something to chew on

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday: A Day off

I took today off of work. It was very nice, but it went very fast. I got up at my normal time -- like the dogs would ever let me sleep in. After walking them and seeing Cole off for work, I jumped in the shower, ate some breakfast and headed to Zilker Botanical Garden with the camera.

I spent about an hour wandering around the grounds and working up quite a sweat. I could hear kids running around, and I saw a couple at one point, but for the most part I felt like I had the place to myself. I even had a groundskeeper give me a lesson on beetles when I stopped to take pictures of a butterfly that was chowing down on a banana. There were beetles, wasps and gnats feasting on the banana, too. I can't remember what he called it, but he grabbed this silvery-green beetle in his bare hands and said that it was one of the prettiest they see in the garden. It had kind of a mother-of-pearl looking sheen and was about two inches long. Very pretty, for a bug. It flew out of his hands before I could snap a picture.

See all my pictures from the day if you're so inclined.

After leaving the garden and cranking the A/C in the car, I made quick stops at Target and PetsMart and then headed home. I ate lunch, watched a little TV, hit the grocery store, did some laundry and scrubbed the bathroom. All in all, my random day off was very relaxing and industrious at the same time.

I even kept my food on track... for the most part.

Breakfast:
cereal: 3 points
soy milk: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: Dark chocolate mint Three Musketeers: 3 points
(super yummy, by the way)

Lunch: English muffin pizzas: 4 points
chips: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: pretzels: 2 points

Dinner: Hatch chile and chicken sausage: 5 points
Hatch chile scone: 4 points
green beans: 0 points

TOTAL: 24 points. Two too many. But the scone was totally worth it!!! Plus, I walked a good deal today.

Steps: 9,268. That will definitely go above 10,000 once we walk the dogs later. (Updated total: 11,026 by bedtime.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger