Something to chew on

Monday, August 13, 2007

Being Judged

I enjoy cooking. I'm not a pro or a gourmet by any means, but I keep us fed and hopefully healthy.

So I've decided to do something out-of-the-box for me: I'm entering a recipe contest.

One of our favorite local grocery stores is sponsoring the contest and creating a cookbook from the winning entries. They stated the one main ingredient, and the rest is up to those of us who dare to enter. I came up with my entry driving down the highway this weekend, and I whipped it up last night. It won't be the grand-prize winner -- that will be some fancy main dish that's stuffed and wrapped and dipped -- but the recipe that I came up with could be a contender as a side. We'll see, and I'll keep you posted.

Hint:
It is Hatch chile pepper season!!!

Breakfast: Smart Ones muffin: 4 points
yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: South Beach wrap: 5 points
chips: 2 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: banana: 2 points

Dinner: nuggets: 6 points

TOTAL: 23 points. One too many.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger