Something to chew on

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Going to the Dentist

I love our dentist. She's super sweet and energetic and always complimentary. She employs a great staff and always recommends natural, organic treatments before jumping into drastic medical procedures. She truly believes that our health lies in our own hands and that medicine and science are there to enhance and help, not to do all the work.

I normally schedule my dentist appointments for 8 a.m. so that there is no coffee or fruit or anything icky lingering in the pearly whites for them to find. But after trying to make the drive yesterday in the rain (I made it about four miles in 40 minutes), we rescheduled for today at noon.

Anyway... Back to Dr. Rayne's holistic approach to things: Doesn't that make sense when it comes to our weight as well??? That we should take the power in our own hands. Treat our bodies well of our own accord and not always turn to science and medicine (read: magic pills) to lose the weight. I'm trying. It's hard. Sometimes I feel like I start over every day.

But starting over -- even daily -- is better than giving up and just getting fat and letting my teeth fall out.

My day in points...

Breakfast: Kashi granola bar: 3 points
yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: snack cakes: 1 point

Lunch: panini: 6 points

Afternoon snack: Kudos: 2 points
dry shredded wheat: 2 point

Dinner: pork chops: 4 points
apple: 1 point
parmesan: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

TOTAL: 22 points. Nowhere near the fruits and veggies I should have had today.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger