Something to chew on

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Your Kitchen Junk Drawer

Don't be scared. It's time to face it. Or in my case, it was time to face them. I have two. Two drawers with measuring spoons and spatulas and mixer attachments for a mixer that hasn't worked in two years.

I recently saw a great idea for getting those drawers organized and cleaned out.

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I just can't get my brain to come up with it. Here's the gist: Take everything out of that drawer (or drawers) and put it in a box. For the next month, if you use something, put it back in the drawer. (After you wash it of course.) If you don't use it, you can get rid of it. I think I may give myself two months.

Breakfast: Smart Ones muffin: 4 points
mini yogurt: 1 point

Mid-morning snack: WW/Whitman's pecan crown: 1 point

Lunch: chicken, pasta, fresh tomatoes: 7 points

Afternoon snack: my free Kashi cookie: 2 points
(Go get yours!!! They're about halfway to their goal of giving away a million free snacks.)
mixed nuts: 3 points

Dinner: steamed rice: 4 points
stuffed bell pepper: 4 points
snack cakes: 1 point

TOTAL: 27 points. That will require a bike ride in the morning.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • I got my Kashi cookie today...yummy!

    Your kitchen drawer idea sounds like a winner!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2007 8:34 PM  

  • I got one, too. I almost spit it out after taking the first bite, but the more I ate, the better it got.

    Still, I'll stick with Golden Oreos.

    By Blogger Stacey, at September 19, 2007 8:50 PM  

  • I heard the guy from Clean Sweep say that about your kitchen draw once too. I have really thought aobut trying it. But I have a lemon juicer that I might use once in blue moon, but still use...and I don't want to part with it just yet.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at September 20, 2007 9:58 AM  

  • Oh yeah, I definitely won't part with the things I use, even if just on occasion. But those things that I can't remember the last time I used them??? They're out!!! hehe

    By Blogger Summer, at September 20, 2007 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger