Something to chew on

Saturday, October 27, 2007

No Wonder...

If you've been keeping up with the numbers, you know that I've been bouncing back and forth within the same two pounds for about six weeks. (Today I banked a 0.2-pound loss.) Well, come to find out, I've been miscalculating my points. Not miscalculating really, just not adjusting my daily points target as I should...

I can't give you the full formula here for fear of getting a letter from the Weight Watchers lawyers, but when I first joined, I calculated my points based on what I weighed at the time (and other important factors). Did you know that each time you lose enough weight to fall below a zero, you're supposed to take a point away?!?! (Say, going from the 170s into the 160s.) Shocking. So now instead of aiming for 22 points every day, I'll now be shooting for 20. Twenty points. My brain fears that that might not even be possible. But it is.

I'll have to make the change by doing things like eating carrots at lunch instead of chips and salsa (exactly two points). Maybe having an apple instead of a banana as my mid-morning snack (saving one point). Switching from whole-fat cheese to some made with 2 percent milk instead (saving one point). And just keeping complete control of my portions. I bought the cutest little red square plates today...

Anyway, it can be done. And I'll probably start seeing an immediate difference on the scale. The good news??? I won't have to drop my number of daily points again before reaching goal. And I know after this unintentional six-week experiment that maintenance will be fairly smooth for me...

On another note: I discovered that Time Warner Cable has a fitness-on-demand channel (channel 1431 here in Austin if you have digital cable). I did 11 minutes worth of abs this morning after we went for a long family walk. I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Wow, this is a great point and probably one I need to consider myself. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I hadn't thought at all about the fact that the smaller you are, the less food you need to be that size.

    DOH! Really, I guess that's part of the point, eh?

    Thanks for mentioning!!

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at October 27, 2007 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger