Something to chew on

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Don't Want to, But Here Goes

It's days like this that I don't want to blog. I don't want to look at the list of everything I ate, flashing at me in bright, red neon lights. Well, it's in black and white, but you know what I mean.

On the other hand, that's why I'm here: To keep track. To be accountable. To be mindful of what I'm eating in the course of a day.

I've made strides when I compare my menus lately to what I might have eaten just a few short years ago. But I still can't help but feel a little guilty when I have a day like this. A day with too few fruits, too few veggies and just too much food. I guess that means I'm learning the lessons. I'm learning how to control my portions and how to recognize when I've gone too far. Now if I can just keep from getting to the "too far" point, I'll be doing great!!!

Pre-breakfast:
Nutrigrain bar: 3 points
(I was just famished after walking the dogs.)

Breakfast: oatmeal: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: fruit salad: 2 points

Lunch: taco: 4 points
chips and salsa: 3 points
two tortillas: 4 points
South Beach cookies: 2 points

Afternoon snack: mini fig newtons: 2 points

Dinner: pizza rolls: 12 points
brownie bites: 2 points

TOTAL: 36. Shameful.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Not shameful, just a bump in the road. I really appreaciate you posting this. I felt the urge to drive thru some where for breakfast the other morning on the way to work and stopped because I thought I would be forced to post it on my blog. I really like that blogging helps me be accountable.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at October 25, 2007 7:59 AM  

  • Me too. And it's helping me learn to be more accountable to myself.

    Plus, we're learning important lessons: It's okay to hit the drive thru for breakfast, as long as we make the best choices possible.

    Years ago for me, hitting McDonald's would have meant a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit with hashbrowns and a large Dr Pepper. Now it's the fruit and yogurt parfait, a plain English muffin and a Diet Coke.

    By Blogger Summer, at October 25, 2007 9:20 AM  

  • Well and here's the thing. You were really fine til the pizza rolls. :) And everyone needs a splurge from time to time. It's when we splurge every day that we are sorry. Using "we" in the royal sense. :)

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at October 27, 2007 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger