Something to chew on

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ready for Monday

Monday will mean being back into my regular routine again. For work. For life. For food. I hate to admit it, but the last four days have consisted of Taco Cabana, Whataburger, Nuevo Leon, "The Der", Tin Star and Amy's. I have not been a shining example of healthy living by any stretch of the imagination. And I feel it.

But I did learn this: The changes I've made -- as far as healthy eating goes -- over the last six or so months have really made a difference. There is nothing like eating crap for a couple of days (not that any of those places are crap, just that they weren't the best choices for fueling my body on a daily basis) to make me realize that my body does better when I eat healthy. After days of eating all of the burgers and tortillas and ice cream and corn dogs, my tummy made the craziest noises. I was tired. I was bloated. I longed for fresh fruit.

Monday will bring a fresh start with a healthier menu. Monday will mean letting go of the guilt that comes with cupcakes. Monday will be a new beginning.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Oh, suuure, blame it on me! Just kidding. I do feel bad that Cole and I dragged you to all those places. It's a wonder I don't weigh 300 pounds since I eat like that regularly. I'm a fine-tuned machine, conditioned for such "healthy" dining.

    By Blogger Stacey, at November 11, 2007 11:08 PM  

  • Now, I purposely tried to avoid language like "that damn Stacey" when I wrote that post. ;-)

    I don't blame you at all... I could have made healthier choices at all of those places. But, when in Rome... hehe

    By Blogger Summer, at November 12, 2007 8:03 AM  

  • ok - i'm in. i just ate a banana. and i eased into this by majorly lightening up yesterday...

    By Blogger michael, claudia and sierra, at November 12, 2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger