Something to chew on

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ahh, the Sweet Smell of Routine

Well, it's back to the grind, but in a good way!!! Back to a schedule that allows me to sleep and eat and drink (water) as I should. Back to a routine that keeps us walking regularly with the dogs. Back to a routine that allows me to cook more and eat out less.

I've not made any resolutions as I get into the swing of a new year, but I am reaching toward a couple of old goals: more fitness and my goal weight. The magic number that I've skirted around but never hit. I was thinking about it this weekend and realized that all the times I've lost weight, I've never gotten to the goal that I set in my mind or written down on paper. Never. I've gotten within five pounds and for whatever reason, just stopped. And gained. And started again. But I'm all done with that. I will hit 140. And I'm hoping it will happen in the first half of this year, so that by June I am rockin' a bikini out on the boat... HA!!!

Yesterday, I did day one of week one of the Couch to 5K program. I'm not even sore!!! I had read about the program many times, but the thought of printing out the program and keeping an eye on my watch every 60 seconds just sounded like too much trouble to me. But Robert Ullrey has made it super easy with a series of podcasts available (free) through iTunes. His soothing voice over upbeat music tells you when to walk, when to jog and when to cool down and call it a day. After just one go round, I think I can stick to this one...

Today in points:

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: applesauce: 2 points

Lunch: Smart Ones "mystery meat" as Cole called it and mac-n-cheese: 5 points
Brussels sprouts: 0 points

Afternoon snack: rice cake and peanut butter: 4 points

Dinner: chicken Caesar salad: 5 points
WW mini chocolate caramel bar: 1 point

TOTAL points: 20 on the nose.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger