Something to chew on

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Finally, a Loss

I weighed this morning. My first weigh in of the new year. And there was a loss. After six weeks of gains and standing still, I lost 1.2 pounds. Funny how something as little as a single pound can re-energize a girl.

And boy, was our meeting room full this morning of folks and their weight-loss resolutions. That's great. I just hope they stick with it. Even if there are gains or slips or whatever you want to call our little misses along the way, I hope they learn the lessons they came to learn and really get on the path to health. That's what it's ultimately all about. Screw the number on the scale.

Wait, I take that back. I'm obsessed with the number on the scale. Addicted to it. I can't wait until it actually shows me the number I wanna see.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Good job on your loss. I am still up from the holidays but slowly coming back down. The good news is that I was on maintenance and was under my goal by a little so I could still make lifetime today.

    I agree that I hope all those newbies learn ways to stay slim and healthy and not just get there once and bounce back up again.

    By Blogger noelle, at January 05, 2008 8:18 PM  

  • That's almost 5 sticks of butter! That's a great start for the new year.

    By Blogger Kathy, at January 06, 2008 3:23 PM  

  • Attagirl, Summer. Remember what's most important is how you feel and what you can accomplish. Weight will always fluctuate. Jim

    By Blogger Jim, at January 06, 2008 7:38 PM  

  • Me, I have 5 weeks. In 5 weeks I have to fit into the bridesmaid's dress I ordered last fall [oh, say, 8 lbs. ago or so] for my sister's wedding.

    I don't think it will take all 8 lbs. to do it. Five ought to get it. But I am hoping that my 5K training [for Jan. 26] and just eating better will make a big difference. Let's just say, I certainly enjoyed the holidays. :)

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at January 06, 2008 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger