Something to chew on

Friday, January 04, 2008

Recipe Friday: Mango and Avocado Chicken Salad

I found a garnish version of this recipe in a book that Mom got me for Christmas, but with a few tweaks, it made a great lunch salad yesterday.

Mango and Avocado Chicken Salad
lettuce or spinach bed
grilled chicken,
cubed
mango, cubed
avocado, cubed
pepper jack cheese, cubed
mandarin orange slices
red bell pepper, diced (for color)

I made an easy dressing from a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the juice from half an orange and one lime, and some kosher salt and course-ground black pepper. Pretty yummy if I do say so myself!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I ordered a mango with my fruit and vegetable delivery next week...I'll have to remember this. I'm not familiar with them...it is my "new food of the week". lol

    By Blogger Kathy, at January 06, 2008 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger