Something to chew on

Monday, January 07, 2008

I Need New Shoes

Not a fun pair of boots or stilettos. I need new running shoes. I finished up the first week of walking/jogging in the Couch-to-5K podcasts that I downloaded. And it feels great to be doing some regular exercise. But my toes are killing me. It feels like I'm running with my toes curled up under the balls of my feet. Not fun. I'm hoping the folks at RunTex will have a solution.

Anyone have a great pair/brand that they recommend???

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: nuggets: 6 points
snack cake: 1 point

Afternoon snack: kettle corn: 2 points

Dinner: grilled mahi-mahi: 4 points
potato souffle': 3 points
spinach and feta: 1 point
snack cake: 1 point

TOTAL: 23 points. Not horrible.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Those New Balance 929's I bought last summer held up to their part of the bargain, even if I didn't. I also tried the couch-to-5k thing, but had to give it up when my 40-year-old ankles wouldn't support the pounding of my 6'5", 250 pound frame like that. Oh well. I got on my bike after that and rode out the rest of my exercise season. But yeah, the shoes were great, I even still wear them on weekends.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 07, 2008 10:07 PM  

  • No...I don't want to talk about shoes...I want to talk about the picture of your great supper!!! lol
    I had Mahi-Mahi tonight, too. I turned it into "fish sticks", coated in seasoned corn meal, lightly sprayed and baked alongside sweet potato "fries".

    By Blogger Kathy, at January 08, 2008 5:26 AM  

  • I'm no help with the running shoes either but I did subscribe to that podcast so I can get started with that program when the snow subsides here. Or if I get brave enough to go to the gym!

    By Blogger noelle, at January 08, 2008 1:30 PM  

  • My main suggestion is to do whatever Runtex tell you to do. I went there several years ago. I have really flat feet. They were helped me out and I bought some great shoes. The one trick they taught me was to buy a half size to a whole size larger. It gives your feet lots more run when you are running. Also buying "running shoes". I know this sounds like something obvious, but there are so many types of shoes...cross training, walking, aerobic, hiking and running. Running shoes breath better and are lighter. I like Brooks brand shoes and have bought those for several years.

    Good luck with the couch to 5K program.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at January 08, 2008 5:44 PM  

  • You know, you're the second person to tell me about Brooks. I had never heard of them before this past week. I'll definitely have to check those out!!!

    By Blogger Summer, at January 08, 2008 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger