Something to chew on

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bootcamp: Day Three

I can't lift my arms to comb my hair. I can barely stand up out of my chair if I've been in it for more than 20 minutes. My abs scream when I sneeze or laugh... but I am loving bootcamp!!!

As painful and uncomfortable these first few days have been to get through physically, it feels so good to be doing something so good for my body. I'm trying to focus on the getting-stronger-and-hopefully-a-little-slimmer-along-the-way part.

And unrelated: I ran a quick errand to the grocery store at lunch today. Everything -- EVERYTHING -- was more expensive today than the last time I went just this past weekend. Diet Coke 12-packs which are normally three for $10 were three for $11. Blocks of cheese I grate fresh: normally $2.78 were $3.19. Bananas are usually $.39 a pound but were $.48 today. A 12-pack of Diet Lipton Raspberry White Tea cost me $6.49 today where it was just $5.99 last week. I know 33 cents here and 50 cents there isn't a big deal, but there was an increase on seriously everything I purchased today...

Is this just my HEB raising prices, or are you noticing this where you are too???

Breakfast:
oatmeal: 3 points

Lunch: chicken-pasta salad: 4 points
peas: 0 points
apple: 1 point

Afternoon snack: peanut butter wrap: 4 points

Dinner: grilled chicken nachos: 10 points

TOTAL: 22 points.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger