Something to chew on

Monday, March 24, 2008

Scale in the Attic

I'm proud to report, no loss or gain when I weighed Saturday morning. I shouldn't be pleased without a loss of any kind, but after filling my mouth with Easter candy and hamburgers last week, it could have been sooooo much worse.

I'm ready for a good week. I'm ready to feel in control again. I'm ready to see a good loss.

In our meeting Saturday, we talked about hiding the scale in the attic. We talked about a few more things other than just that, but that is really the thing that stuck with me. I've already admitted it, I'm addicted to the scale. Sometimes it's even a daily ritual. But what am I letting my mind tell itself each time I weigh???

If I have a loss which shows on my scale at home, am I giving myself permission to slide from my plan and program a bit??? If I see a gain, am I letting myself just throw my hands up and say "screw it" to the rest of the week??? I'm not sure. So this week -- I'm certainly at least going to give it a try -- I'm not going to weigh here at the house.

Instead of relying on a daily number as feedback, I want to look back at my journaling each day and know that I'm having a great week, that I'm creating a great week for myself. The number on the scale is not the only feedback to rely on. I just need to keep telling myself that...

Breakfast:
yogurt: 1 point
banana: 2 points
tortilla: 2 points
(so random to crave a tortilla)

Lunch: soup: 2 points
chips: 3 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: crackers: 2 points
Laughing cow wedge: 1 point

Dinner: grilled chicken: 5 points
green beans: 1 point
lemon yogurt pie: 3 points

TOTAL: 23 points

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger