Something to chew on

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Love/Hate the Scale

First thing almost every morning (at least four times a week), I step on the scale to see what's going on. It tells me when I'm making progress or when I need to buckle down. I love the scale for helping me to keep on track. Like Shannon, I'm addicted to it. Not so much to it, but to the feedback. I love it for talking to me, but I hate it for lying.

I had a great week, ate well, got in some exercise, drank plenty of water. But still, I was up 1.6 at my official weigh in this morning. How in the world does that happen??? I knew it before I even got there because I weighed on my scale here at home before I left. I love my scale for giving me a heads-up before I got to my meeting this morning, but did it have to be so mean??? Does it really have to count my pajamas and the salad I had for dinner last night.

We tried to head to RunTex this evening before dinner. We left the house at 5:45, just before looking online to see that they close at 6 p.m. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I hate the scale. But I'll be back on it first thing in the morning, without fail...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Once a week, no more. Less often if you can get away with it. Seriously.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 12, 2008 10:12 PM  

  • Haha... scales ARE mean!!

    I just got your package in the mail yesterday!! I LOVE IT!!! Eric told me to go get the whole set and I had to explain to him that you made it :) I used to live in Texas and my parents still do, so it is cool to have a coaster out on the coffee table that is a part of Texas. Thank you so much!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 13, 2008 1:35 PM  

  • HA! I'm glad you liked it, Shannon. I guess this means it got there all in one piece???

    By Blogger Summer, at January 13, 2008 5:00 PM  

  • I weigh every day too just for the feedback. After doing WW for over a year, I know when I should expect it to be up. I think I still just still really enjoy seeing that my weight is 15? There were too many years where I was happy to not be over 200 pounds. It's still hard to believe that this is ME.

    By Blogger noelle, at January 13, 2008 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger