Something to chew on

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Couch-to-5K, Week Two

Well, I jogged/walked the first day of week two of the Couch-to-5K program this evening, and I think Robert Ullrey is trying to kill me... HA!!! Actually, it feels great to be doing some intentional, regular exercise. My toes are still pretty crampy and feel like they've been bound under my feet, so RunTex can expect a visit from me this weekend for sure. (Thanks for everyone's great suggestions on shoes, by the way.) But I'm not letting anything -- not even a tiny, little pinkie toe -- give me an excuse to slack off. I want to see a change in my body at the end of these nine weeks. I want to feel good and healthy (or should I say "better" and "healthier"?).

Eating better for the past year has me feeling better, and I know there have been changes in my appearance. Every once in a while my reflection surprises me in a window or mirror. But I'm ready to see it. Really see it. Patience, grasshopper...


Breakfast:
oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: English muffin pizzas: 4 points
apple: 1 point

Afternoon snack: yogurt and granola: 4 points

Dinner: spinach wrap: 6 points
two WW chocolate caramels minis: 2 points

TOTAL: 22 points.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • The music on that podcast gets a little better at about week 4 or 5, if I remember right. Some of that canned royalty-free stuff is hard to take sometimes. Too bad they just couldn't have thrown in some Pearl Jam and called it good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 09, 2008 12:03 AM  

  • Patience, Grasshopper...I'll have that running through my mind all day.

    By Blogger Kathy, at January 09, 2008 7:15 AM  

  • HA!!! Very true, Rick. The music hasn't been too bad so far yet. I think I listen for his voice more than the music... my mind may change on that in the coming weeks thought...

    By Blogger Summer, at January 09, 2008 3:34 PM  

  • Running seems to be the picture of fitness to me. I watch the workouts on Biggest Loser and just think "I want to be able to really run too". Of course that's more the end of the series than the beginning. :)

    Good for you for keep up with the program!

    By Blogger noelle, at January 09, 2008 7:51 PM  

  • Like the Winter Warlock and that cute penguin on Santa Claus is Coming to Town, "You put one foot in front of the other ... ." Proud of you Summer! You're the cute penguin, BTW, not the warlock.

    By Blogger Jim, at January 11, 2008 8:28 PM  

  • HA!!! I was going to say... :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at January 11, 2008 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger