Something to chew on

Sunday, March 02, 2008

100 Pounds and SXSW

If your weekly Weight Watchers meeting is anything like mine, your leader ends the meeting by celebrating. We celebrate every five pounds, bigger milestones like 25 and 50 pounds, goal, etc. Well, yesterday we had a celebration I had never seen before. A nice lady in my regular Saturday morning meeting hit the 100-pound mark. She's lost 100 pounds and she's not finished yet. One hundred pounds. And she did it in 11 months. Just seeing her stand up and tell a bit of her story was a huge boost to me. And it's proof that we all take this journey at our own pace. We all do it for different reasons, and we all have to jump different hurdles along the way.

I'm still battling against -- and beating myself up for -- the six Christmas pounds I'm still carrying around. What is the deal with that?!?! But this lady gave me hope. If she can knock off 100 pounds and keep going, I can certainly keep working to get myself healthier. And these last pounds are sure to disappear along the way.

Oh, and...

The Interactive portion of SXSW starts Friday. Rex and Laura and Patrick come to town for the festivities, and it always means lots of fun, nerdiness, learning and good Austin food. If you happen to be at the Convention Center for SXSW and see me walking around with Cole's Darth Vader computer bag (he's loaning it to me for the occasion), tap me on the shoulder and say hi...


Sunday points:

Breakfast:
cereal: 2 points
banana: 2 points
1/2 cup soy milk: 1 point

Lunch: French bread pizza: 6 points
apple: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: rice cake: 1 point
Laughing Cow wedge: 1 point

Dinner: soup: 2 points
chips and salsa: 3 points

TOTAL: 20 points. Here's hoping for a great week!!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • It takes the same diligence and process to lose 100 pounds or 6 pounds! I think it takes a lot of courage to tackle a "few" extra pounds when there is a whole lot less incentive to do so. I congratulate you both!

    By Blogger Kathy, at March 03, 2008 5:16 AM  

  • Thanks for your kind words as always, Kathy. I always feel a little bad for the ladies in my meeting who scoff when someone else reaches their goal and perhaps it was only a loss of 15 pounds. It's sad that those people don't give the others credit for losing and getting healthy, no matter how big or small the final number is.

    We all have the same struggles and battles, and the support from one another makes a world of difference.

    By Blogger Summer, at March 03, 2008 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger