Something to chew on

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Motivation

I listened to a podcast yesterday that talked about motivation. Not just motivation in general, but Renee broke it down into two kinds of motivation: "away from" and "towards."

I suppose it makes sense from just that much information, but "away from" motivation is our desire to get away from something. Away from a size 14, away from high blood pressure, away from binge eating. But once we do that, once we're away from the size 14 and into a size 8 for instance, what happens then??? That's when we need to look at our "towards" motivation to keep going. Maybe motivation changes: Working "away from" that size 14 now turns into working "towards" a size 6.

It's makes total sense and it's really got me thinking... More soon.

Breakfast:
1 cup MultiGrain Cheerios: 1 point
1/2 vanilla soy milk: 1 point
banana: 2 points

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich: 6 points
chips and salsa: 2 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: peanut butter and mini toast: 4 points

Dinner: steak fajita salad: 6 points

TOTAL: 23 points

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I never stop learning or gaining more insight into this process as I move forward. I feel like I have really grown in the past couple of years and my motivation and inspiration just keeps changing. Happy you're doing so well.

    By Blogger Kathy, at February 28, 2008 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger