Something to chew on

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Half a Sandwich

That seemed to be the theme yesterday.

Cole makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world, and for lunch yesterday he made me a perfect half. I paired that with a bowl of soup.

Then for dinner last night, we took friend and coworker Barbara L. to the Hula Hut. Their food is not the best in town, but it's a fun little place, cool and casual atmosphere, overlooking the water. What's more relaxing that a margarita on the lake for a Monday evening?!?! Oh, and I only ate half of my grilled chicken sandwich there too. The conversation was lively and I just wanted to talk and listen rather than eat. And listening to my body, I got the message again that "half is plenty."

Today's numbers:

Breakfast: oatmeal: 2 points
banana: 2 points

Lunch: chicken-tomato pasta salad: 5 points
mini toast: 1 point
Whitman's WW candy: 1 point

Afternoon snack: Brussels sprouts: 0 points
(How boring for an afternoon snack... )

Dinner: grilled chicken: 5 points
roasted asparagus and tomatoes: 1 point (for the olive oil)
snack cakes: 1 point

TOTAL: 18 points. Some days it surprises me how easy it can be. Then some days it just kicks my butt.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I love Brussel sprouts and anytime I choose a vegetable as a snack, I give myself a big "Atta Girl"! Good for you!

    By Blogger Kathy, at February 27, 2008 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger