Something to chew on

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Couch-to-5K, Week Six

I never thought I would enjoy running this much. Don't get me wrong, it kicks my butt. But starting week six now has me thinking I'm gonna do this long past the nine-week training program. Is it possible I could actually participate in a 5K each month??? Could I add a fourth day to my running each week??? I miss it on my days off.

Note to self: Do not fill up on peanut butter an hour before a run. Blech.

Breakfast:
whole wheat toast: 2 points
1 cup Special K: 1 point
1/2 cup soy milk: 1 point

Lunch: bagel pizza: 4 points
fruit salad: 2 points

Afternoon snack: peanut butter and crackers: 5 points

Dinner: grilled chicken: 4 points
leftover potatoes: 4 points
fruit salad: 2 points

TOTAL: 25 points. Not great.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • this is kind of random, but I just recently heard of this trick. My brother in law is training for the MS 150 and he takes a TUMS before he goes for a bike ride. It helps with the acid. Maybe it would help with the blech feeling after running.

    I think the Capitol 10K would be an awesome goal for you guys ; )

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at February 13, 2008 8:00 AM  

  • Ohhh...I can't wait for the weather to get nicer and I can get on my bike again. I miss Couch-to-5k. Have fun with this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2008 10:01 AM  

  • Attagirl, Summer! You are over the big hurdle for runners ... I think you have to sort through the discomfort of running anywhere between 3-6 weeks until your body says, "I like this now and where are the good carbs?"

    After a few 5Ks, I see a 10K and dare I say a half marathon in your future?

    One other thing ... peanut butter before runs isn't great but peanut butter and other Clif bars are awesome. Great energy ... organic and soy, too.

    By Blogger Jim, at February 16, 2008 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger