Something to chew on

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

There Are Cookies in the Kitchen

Normally I bake cookies for my dad's birthday. I wrap them up nicely with some other gift that I hope he'll love, make him a card like I did in kindergarten, and send a little care package his way. This year, I just didn't make the time to bake, but I still wanted him to get his birthday cookies. So I turned to the fine folks at Kevin's Cookies for help. When I told Cole my plan, he encouraged me to get some for the house. Who am I to say no to Kevin or Cole?!?!

I had one after lunch. Peanut butter to be exact. Beautifully round, crisp on the outside, perfectly soft on the inside. I would even bet it was baked fresh this morning.

There are more than a dozen still in the kitchen -- chocolate chip, double chocolate, white chocolate with macadamia nuts -- in the simple white box on the counter next to the fridge. I want to eat 10 more, but I don't. And won't.

I know I'm having a great week so far. My breakfast shift is proving positive, even after just two days.

I hope Daddy likes them.

Breakfast:
oatmeal: 3 points

Lunch: chicken/tomato pasta salad: 5 points
peanut butter cookie: 3 points

Afternoon snack: apple parfait: 2 points

Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti: 4 points
marinara: 1 points
garlic bread: 3 points
Brussels sprouts: 0 points

TOTAL: 21 points.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger