Something to chew on

Monday, January 21, 2008

Being Sick Is No Fun

It all started when the cold front blew in last week and I woke up Thursday morning with a scratchy throat. No big deal, it got a little better as they day wore on. Mind over matter.

Then I woke up Friday morning feeling like I'd lost a boxing match. Stuffed up head, clogged ears, runny nose, sinus pressure. Cedar fever had struck, and struck me hard. Don't tell anyone, but I worked part of Friday in my pajamas, and as soon as 5 p.m. rolled around, I moved myself to the couch and slept until almost 8. Then I snacked on some cheese and crackers and went to bed.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling much better, but still didn't let my box of kleenex get too far out of sight. I weighed in and went to my meeting (2.2 pounds gone, by the way), and then Cole and I got out to see a movie. (Juno, very fun.) I'm finally making a dent in my holiday weight, and can get back to the business of losing without backtracking within about two weeks probably. I even felt good enough to run Saturday evening, though my nose really didn't appreciate the cold air.

Sunday was the "Fourth Annual Huggins-Fowler-Bailey-Saucedo After-Christmas Birthday Bash," and I was very glad to feel good enough to enjoy the day. But Ron and Erin had to miss out because Ron has been sick. We missed them. I truly consider it a blessing that our families get along so well that we actually all look forward to spending time together.

Today, I woke up again feeling a bit better. I think all the cedar has settled in my nose now, and hopefully it will make its complete exit in the next couple of days.

My day in points:

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: yogurt and granola: 4 points

Lunch: stew: 4 points
saltines: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: apple: 1 point
cheese: 1 point

Dinner: grilled chicken: 4 points
crinkle fries: 4 points
(Terrible, I know, but the thought of green beans just wasn't doing it for me.)

TOTAL: 23 points

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger