Something to chew on

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A New Way to Buy Shoes

Here's how I normally buy shoes: I walk into the store, fall in love with a color or a fabric or a little bow that wraps around the ankle or a wedge heel. I request them in my size. I pay and walk out the door happy. But it was a different experience this evening...

Cole and I went to RunTex this evening and talked to a friendly, very helpful and laid-back Justin about the fact that we've started jogging on shoes that weren't cooperating. He got us to remove our shoes, roll up our pants, and jog back and forth across the store. I'm sure it was funny looking to anyone driving slowly by the windows, but we were in a running-shoe store afterall.

But I didn't get to pick the pretty pink and gray shoes from the wall and ask Justin to bring them from the back in my size. Instead, he brought me (and Cole) the shoes that he thought would give us the best support and cushion during our runs, half a size bigger than we usually wear. Three shoes, three different brands, three different feels and fits. Turns out I really jab my heels into the ground when I'm jogging (he told us that Cole was an "efficient runner"), and I need to work on that. Hopefully a cute pair of silvery and purple Brooks will help do the trick for me.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Good job getting the right shoes and not the cute shoes.

    Now do you have running gear that matches your shoes or do you need to get new pants too? :P

    By Blogger noelle, at January 16, 2008 9:16 AM  

  • YEa! I'm so glad you had a nice experience at Run-tex. I was training for a 3 day walk at the time so I remember walking up and down the store while the helpful sales assistant watched my feet. Feels silly, but the good shoes make a world of difference.

    Yea for the Brooks too. I need some new shoes and I'm completely sold on Brooks. Purple, that sounds kind cute.

    I love the idea of the podcast couch to 5 K. I am going to keep that on my list for next year when I kick into post baby workout mode.

    Good luck with the training. You will be ready for the Capital 10K in no time ; )

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at January 16, 2008 9:23 AM  

  • I need to visit the Nashville equivalent. I wasted about $60 on a pair of Nikes on sale last month. I KNOW there's a reason I haven't worn Nikes since I was in umm like 8th grade. And Sauconys aren't as pretty, but my feet sure like them.

    Sigh. :)

    By Blogger lcreekmo, at January 16, 2008 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger