Something to chew on

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Dream Day

If there were no calories or fat. If my thighs wouldn't jiggle and I wouldn't vomit at the end of the day. If my heart would be happy and healthy no matter what... I started thinking about what I would eat in the course of a single dream day.

Breakfast would be warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, full-fat super-cold milk and bacon. It might even be French toast from Pancake Pantry in Nashville on a day when I would be able to finish the whole plate.

For lunch I'd have hot dogs straight from the grill in the backyard, a whole can of Pringle's, and some fresh fruit salad just to stave off guilt. Oh, and a fully-loaded, non-diet Dr Pepper.

For dinner I'd indulge in a charred fillet from Fleming's Steakhouse. I'd have some of Gran's fried okra on the side, a wedge salad with the creamiest of fresh ranch dressings and a slice of chocolate cake still warm from the oven. Throw in another large Dr Pepper just to wash it all down.

As a bedtime snack, I'd have half a dozen of Mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies and another glass of ice-cold milk.

Can you imagine???

I love good food, and now that I look over that dream day, I'm wondering how I can fit in some pizza, Mom's red-velvet cake and some fried polenta. And spaghetti. And garlic bread.

I love good food. Nevermind, I said that already. But I'm learning that I love my health more. I love the thought of being able to jog three whole miles with a tired and happy dog by my side. I love the thought of spending the next 40 years healthy and mindful enough to enjoy every day picking on Cole. I love the thought of turning heads, of being accused of being 29 instead of (gasp) 36 and of inspiring just one other person to eat healthier and move more too.

So instead, my actual, real-life, happy-heart, ready-to-run-again dream day looks like this:

Breakfast:
oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch: tomato-basil panini: 6 points
apple: 1 point

Afternoon snack: yogurt and granola: 4 points

Dinner: grilled chicken: 3 points
roasted asparagus: 1 point
cheese crisps: 2 points

TOTAL: 22 points. I'll take it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Dude, you are not seriously throwing up at the end of the day, are you??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 19, 2008 2:20 PM  

  • Nooooo, no, no, no. My thinking was if I ate like that dream day, the menu that I had listed, and I would definitely vomit come the end of the day.

    By Blogger Summer, at January 19, 2008 6:32 PM  

  • I LOVE Pancake Pantry! I love their raspberry pancake's and hash browns. It's a good thing there is always a line or it could be bad, very bad for me.

    By Blogger Sarah, at January 21, 2008 6:32 PM  

  • Ohhh, Sarah, I haven't tried the raspberry yet. I'll have to do that next time I'm in town!!!

    By Blogger Summer, at January 21, 2008 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger