Something to chew on

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mixin' Things up

If you know me, you know I can be a little set in my ways. I eat breakfast at 9 a.m. I lock the door three times when I leave. I don't leave the house without earrings on. I take gum out of the package in a certain direction, right to left, top to bottom.

But today, I've decided to switch things up a bit. Not just for today, but I'm gonna try it for the rest of the week to see how it goes. Breakfast. I waited an hour this morning. I'm lucky to work from home and be able to just bring my bowl of cereal to my desk and keep on working. But I'm hoping doing so will help me take the mid-morning snack out of the equation, saving me two points for the day.

I'm also going to try to whip up a salad for lunch each day instead of doing something quick and/or frozen.

Two small changes, but I hope they'll make a difference come Saturday morning.

Oh, and we started week five of the Couch-to-5k program this evening. Killer. But it feels so good to be doing some regular exercise. The runs are getting tougher, but the running is getting easier.

Today's points...

Breakfast: 1 cup MultiGrain Cheerios: 1 point
1/2 vanilla soy milk: 1 point
banana: 2 points

Lunch: spinach/feta/grape/chicken salad: 5 points
(pictured above)

Afternoon snack: popcorn: 2 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Dinner: veggie burger: 6 points

TOTAL: 18 points. Maybe this later breakfast is the way to go.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger