Something to chew on

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Little Orphan Annie Would Be Proud

I didn't weigh this weekend. We had a neighborhood safety meeting and I'm still fighting the cedar. I know I could have gone to another meeting, but I just wasn't feeling it.

And here's my problem so far this week: I am loving tomorrow. Looking toward tomorrow. Knowing that tomorrow will be good. But in the process, I'm not doing very well today. I keep letting myself have one more cookie or one more piece of pizza today, giving myself permission to do better tomorrow.

I do that too often. I'll slip and have an extra treat after lunch, so I'll let myself just forget how to count points for the rest of the day. I let a whole day go down the drain instead of just a single meal. I need to quit that. I need to make an effort to fix that thinking. A little treat after lunch doesn't mean the whole day is ruined. It simply means lunch is over and I need to look forward to a healthy dinner.

Tomorrow will be better. I'll get back on track and count points. Seriously. Tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger