Something to chew on

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Obeying Traffic Signs

My husband is so sweet. We ran yesterday evening after work like we have been doing for about four weeks now.

We always run against traffic in our neighborhood, near the curb, just like anyone on foot is supposed to do. We look both ways before crossing any streets, and we always wear at least one piece of clothing that is reflective. Cole always runs on the inside of the street and keeps me closest to the curb.

Well, we were about 3/4 of the way through our run, doing what we were supposed to be doing and running in the mist, when a car tried to come through a stop sign and turn right from a side street. We did NOT have a stop sign by the way. The driver was just going to slow down to round the corner without looking or coming to a complete stop. Cole will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the guy got within six feet of me. Cole stopped running, called that guy an a$$hole and reminded him of where the stop sign stands. Isn't he sweet?!?!

I don't think I've ever been that close to being hit by a car while on foot, but I'm so glad Cole was there to beat the guy and then sue him if it did happen... We'll run again tomorrow!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • That is sweet, but it would've been hella sweet if he would have punched one of the dude's side mirrors off. Bwahahaha!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 23, 2008 7:43 AM  

  • HA!!! Cole did say the thought of kicking out one of his headlights crossed his mind...

    By Blogger Summer, at January 23, 2008 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger