Something to chew on

Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, Monday

I feel better. I honestly don't know what was going on last week that had me so frustrated and mad at points. Points are good. Points are helpful. I wasn't making the best choices, so the points were adding up fast.

But today I feel back in control. I feel like it's possible and doable again. I feel better. And I have figured something out.

This is not new to me, I've known this for quite a while: Afternoon is my trouble time. I can have a great breakfast and a good lunch, on track for a wonderful 20-point day, when the hours between 2 and 4 p.m. creep up. I could eat 20 points in that timespan alone. I don't smoke, but that may be the time of day that I need to schedule in a 10-minute "smoke break" to walk dogs or jog around the block. It's not boredom because I'm working. It's not hunger because I just had lunch. But that's the time when my mind thinks my body needs to eat. I need to figure it out and work on it.

Like right now, it's about 5 p.m. and if I didn't eat again for the rest of the day, I'd be just fine. I made it past 4 and I'm good to go. But I will eat again this evening. Cole and I are actually taking a coworker to dinner this evening. It's her first trip to Austin and you know we like to play tour guide!!!

Tomorrow I'm back on track. I'm journaling, I'm counting points, and I'm taking a smoke break. Well, you know what I mean...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Glad you have your courage back. Sometimes it wanes and then comes back in a moment. I have always had the afternoon problem too so I just plan a snack break and make sure it is something that takes a while to eat and always have a big cup of tea or glass of something cold along with it to fill me up. I know for me that this is a low point as far as biorhythms go. I would probably do well with a light nap at that time, but I hate giving in to it...like a kid who doesn't like bedtime...I'm so afraid I'll miss something I guess!

    By Blogger Kathy, at February 26, 2008 8:25 AM  

  • Thanks for the words of encouragement and understanding, Kathy.

    My boss might not like the idea of me taking an afternoon nap, but I sure do!!! :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at February 26, 2008 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger