Something to chew on

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Weak

I started blogging and journaling yesterday, then had a bad lunch (read: high-point lunch) and stopped in shame. Today, I almost did the same thing when I had a hot dog WITH cheese for lunch and neighbors brought over some Easter candy as a thank-you gift for cat sitting, but decided I better keep counting anyway. I'm too quick to just stop journaling and keeping track when I go a little overboard. But I'm learning and reminding myself: That's why I'm blogging in the first place. To be accountable, to be able to look back and see the patterns and recognize the reasons why when I don't have a loss in a certain week.

So, the ugly truth of points today:

Breakfast:
cereal: 2 points
1/2 cup soymilk: 1 point

Lunch: hot dog: 8 points
chips and salsa: 3 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: Easter candy: 4 points

Dinner: chicken-ranch quesadilla: 5 points
rice: 4 points
MORE Easter candy: 4 points

TOTAL: 32 points. Yuck.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • We definitely all have our moments of weakness (for instance, the bowl of cadbury eggs in my kitchen.)

    I decided the other day that I may try to read through some of your old blogs and make menus from myself out of them. (: Most of your meals sound pretty tasty.

    And we all need to have a bad day every once in a while. That's what those extra points are for, right?

    If you're craving a hot dog, I'd highly reccomend Ball Park Turkey Franks (bun-sized). They're only 45 calories a pop. Pretty dang tasty (my husband loves them too) - they're our fall back fast food. Even with a 100 calorie bun...that's not too bad at 145 calories and 1 - 1.5 grams of fat (from the bun). Not too shabby. (:

    By Blogger Claire, at March 19, 2008 9:52 PM  

  • Thanks, Claire. I'll have to see if I can talk Cole into trying the turkey dogs you recommend.

    And you mention extra points. That's the one area of the program that I've been ignoring lately. I've been letting myself live in that Twilight Zone area on the weekends, thinking that my extra weekly points are being used up on Saturday and Sunday when I don't really count or know. But I think your comment might just be the kick that I need to really start paying attention to points on the weekends AND calculating in those weekly points.

    Thanks!!! :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at March 20, 2008 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger