Something to chew on

Friday, June 27, 2008

If the Shorts Fit

When it's time, you just know it's time. For some people it's a picture. For others it's a whispered comment from a passing stranger. For me, it was a trip to Central Market yesterday evening.

I ran to Central Market to pick up some fresh marinated chicken breasts and a pineapple for Cole to throw on the grill for dinner. We decided earlier in the day that we wanted to do something healthy and fresh. It was the first pineapple I had ever peeled and cut myself, I was so proud, but that's not my point here.

As I dressed to head out, I put on a pair of khaki shorts. And they fit. That might sound fine and good, but just three weeks ago these shorts were loose and baggy and comfortable. And yesterday evening, they fit. I was pretty disgusted.

So today, I'm amping up my attempts to get back into gear. I'm not running back to a Weight Watchers meeting, but I am going to try points again for a while. I know I won't do great this weekend, I never do on the weekends, but my success will be in the trying and making healthy choices for a few days. Then I hope to be able to give it my all with the new week...

Breakfast: yogurt, organic granola, banana: 6 points

Lunch:
spinach salad with grilled chicken, apples and vinaigrette: 6 points

Afternoon snack: banana: 2 points
snack cakes: 2 points

Dinner: sandwich: 7 points
cookie: 4 points (I couldn't help it. But I passed up on chips with my sandwich.)

TOTAL: 27. Not good at all, but at least I can say that I paid attention for a whole day!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Good luck Summer!
    I had a BAAAAD Thurs-Sat...and I'm already ready to get back on track. Ugh. I think I already gained back the measley 3-4 pounds I'd lost. ARgggggggg. 3 weeks of work down the drain! Darn family!

    By Blogger Claire, at June 29, 2008 9:00 AM  

  • Well at least you wrote it down. I always do better when I write it down and calculate the points.

    Step in the right direction. Way to go.

    By Blogger JC, at July 01, 2008 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger