Something to chew on

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Have No Concept

Cole and I went to Old Navy Monday evening in search of a couple of inexpensive pairs of shorts to get me through the summer. And apparently, I have no concept of what my own body looks like...

I still have a hard time not grabbing the 12s off of the rack when I look for shorts and pants. (At least I no longer consider the 14s.) Cole even gave me a hard time when I reached for a couple of 10s to try on. I ended up buying an 8 in a cute little skirt. (The skirt is wider than it is long, but it's so cute!!!)

But when looking at a cute little white t-shirt with a tied neckline, I was looking for a medium on the rack. There wasn't a medium, so I took a large into the dressing room. Sometimes I forget that I have Daddy's broad shoulders and that my chest is, well, the size that it is. The large was a bit too tight across the chest and very blousy through the waist. I did not buy it.

So, I need to work on my body image, on the way my mind thinks about my body. My hips and thighs are not as big as I have painted them in my thoughts. And I'm very proud to have my strong shoulders. It feels so weird to write those things down. But I guess the more I can think positively about such things, the better I'll do along my journey.

My day in points...

Breakfast: Quaker Morning Minis: 3 points
banana: 2 points

Lunch: English muffin pizzas: 4 points
cantaloupe: 1 point
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: popcorn: 2 points

Dinner: grilled chicken: 5 points
steamed green beans: 0 points
English muffin: 1 point

TOTAL: 19 points.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Well, and it doesn't help that women can wear a 6 in one store and need a 2 in another. There is NO size consistency. I figure that I've been buying my own clothes since I was 16--if I still can't figure out what size I am, it's the stores that are doing something wrong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 14, 2008 9:51 PM  

  • YES. Amen to that. That inconsistency is why I never wanna say "size 8" too loudly. That could very well be a 10 or more just down the street...

    By Blogger Summer, at May 14, 2008 10:00 PM  

  • 19 points!!!! Wow, you kicked butt. I think I ate like 100 or so, just for kicks!

    The size thing just makes me angry. Every store is different, one makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and yes, skinny and the next one over makes you feel like a cow. It's totally about body image. But I suck in that department, so no help from me there.

    Hey, did you remember to send over the kick in the butt when you were done with it? Just checking, because I haven't received it yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2008 8:32 AM  

  • I'm still trying to get the kick in the pants to do some work, but as soon as I can, I'll send it your way... hehe

    By Blogger Summer, at May 15, 2008 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger