Something to chew on

Monday, May 12, 2008

On the Fence

I believe my mind is officially on the fence over this whole weight-loss issue.

On one side: I'm down 33 pounds from my highest weight ever. And that is such an accomplishment. I'm trying to make sure I tell myself that is a great success. I'm proud of all 33.

On the other side: I have 15 more pounds that I'd love to lose, but for some reason I've lost my motivation. I'm making myself miserable stressing over these last 15. Beating myself up and feeling guilty over each little one pound in the group of 15.

So I need a push. I need a reason to keep going, to keep losing. I need new motivation. I need a kick in the pants.

Breakfast: yogurt: 2 points
Quaker Morning Minis: 3 points
(I realized this morning that I had been calculating my yogurt at 1 instead of the proper 2. Sigh.)

Lunch: Smart Ones quesadilla: 4 points
banana: 2 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: apple and peanut butter: 5 points

Dinner: Smart Ones quesadilla: 4 points
pretzels: 2 points
snack cakes: 1 point

TOTAL: 24 points. Where is my kick in the pants???

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I have a theory....just my little theory and I don't know if there is any medical evidence to back it up. So here it goes. I think our bodies get used to a weight and feels the need to stay at the weight. So we have to fight even harder to get away from that weight. Sometimes if helps to sit at a weight for a little bit (your 33 lbs loss) and maintain it. Then you body gets used to that weight and doesn't want to move back up.

    Then when your body is comfortable at that weight, you pick up the baton again and loss some more.

    Please don't beat yourself up..33 lbs is so awesome!!!

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at May 13, 2008 8:55 AM  

  • Once you get your kick in the pants... will you send it my way?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 13, 2008 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger