Something to chew on

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Random Thoughts in No Particular Order

I haven't been watching what a I eat very much at all the last couple of weeks. I guess with bootcamp I expected the pounds to just drip right off of me, and I let counting points slip a bit. A lot. I'm pretty disgusted after stepping on the scale this morning, so I'm skipping my meeting to pout.

I'm so sick of worrying about it all the time.

One good number that came out of this week: When we first started bootcamp, we ran a "test" mile. We also tested on how many push-ups we could do in a minute, how long we could hold the plank, etc. Well, all of those numbers improved when we retested Thursday evening. I shaved a minute and two seconds off of my mile time. I was very pleased.

I hope to use this weekend to just regroup. To dig deep and find my motivation. To keep looking toward to looking good in a bathing suit as summer gets closer and closer. If I knew how to spell out a frustrated scream, I would...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, and I KNOW that you have gained some muscle mass with all your hard work at bootcamp! : )

    By Blogger ChristyB, at May 03, 2008 7:58 PM  

  • I so so so very much know what you mean. It gets old constantly focusing on food and weight and not eating or watching every little morsel of food that you take in. I HATE it all.

    Okay, I'm done with my rant now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 05, 2008 12:44 PM  

  • Thanks to you both for the support and encouragement. I'm feeling better with the new week. And I guess we get as many do-overs in the weight-loss journey as we need...

    By Blogger Summer, at May 05, 2008 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger