Something to chew on

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back From My Hissy Fit, I Think

Well, I took the better part of the last three weeks to pout and throw a little hissy fit, mad at the world that I have to count points and calories and skip beautiful desserts when other people don't. I was sick of thinking about it, worrying about it, obsessing about it. And obsessing I was... It was just too much, so I took a couple of steps back.

I've seen many people blog and lose a bit of weight, only to get restless and defeated somewhere along the way and fall off of the face of the blogging world, getting lost in the food court. I don't want that to happen. I still want this to work. I still want to lose some more weight and pay attention to getting healthier. But I'm going to approach it a bit differently for a while. I'm still going to blog and count points, but the Weight Watchers corporate folks will not be getting my money for a while, and I won't be pulling my hair out sitting in meetings with women who want to cheat the system by adding fiber to their chocolate cake and talk about how they got where they by are eating only veggies and fruits. I can't take them any more...

So, I'll be counting my own points. And I can't handle disclosing my current weight at this point, but let's just say my hissy fit allowed a few pounds to creep on. As soon as I can get down to a manageable 155 again, I'll share the numbers with the four people who read this blog and go from there. I needed this break/fit/hiatus (don't we all sometimes?!), but I feel like I'm ready to finish out the week in a positive way... We shall see!!!

Breakfast: Carnation chocolate drink: 3 points
banana: 2 points

Lunch: flatbread sandwich: 7 points
dill pickles: 0 points
snack cakes: 1 point

Afternoon snack: apple: 1 point
yogurt: 1 point
all sprinkled with cinnamon
(The new Fiber One yogurt is good by the way.)

Dinner: salsa chicken: 5 points
steamed rice: 3 points

TOTAL: 23 points. Not perfect, but I'll take it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Really... fiber in the cake??? does that work? I would have never thought of that. Like Metamusile (I know that's spelled wrong) or what???? I know, I'm really confused right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2008 11:26 AM  

  • NO it doesn't work... hehe

    But they would try to up the fiber in things to lower the points. I can't tell you how many times we had the "you cannot change the calories/fat/points in a food simply by sprinkling fiber on the top" talk in meetings...

    It might help the cake move through a little faster though!!! ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at May 21, 2008 11:56 AM  

  • Have you heard of a book/website called Hungry Girl (hungry-girl.com)? I read about the founder in a magazine and I tore the article out to remember to check it out. Apparently the idea is to make "decadent, yet diet-friendly" meals by making say chocolate peanut butter fudge with pumpkin. Her food tips cut calories and hide good things in the food(a la Jessica Seinfeld's book, but for adults). Might be worth checking out :)

    By Blogger Erin, at May 26, 2008 2:56 PM  

  • Summer, I happened upon your site from another site but I don't remember which one. Anyway, I am in the mist of having a Hissy Breakdown. Thank God, I'm not alone!!! I've been going to WW for over a year and lost a good amount but I'm so tired and stress over counting every single thing and the meeting are making me nuts. WHEW, I feel better now. Thanks for your site and your posting.

    By Blogger JC, at June 20, 2008 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger