Something to chew on

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Eat the Rainbow

From a new Twitter follower, I found this blog post about the importance of the colors in the foods we eat. I'm doing better, but I can still improve on the rainbow of good, local foods that I eat. In a nutshell, the blog post from guest blogger Mary Ward breaks it down like this:
  • Red foods are good for your heart.
  • Green is good for overall health.
  • Blue foods are good for your memory.
  • Orange helps lower your cholesterol.
And we're not talking about M&Ms (unfortunately).

I always fill a little guilty when Cole and I fix a plate for dinner, and our cream-colored plates end up filled with cream-colored grilled chicken, tan rice and a white dinner roll. I'm learning and doing better. And that's what it's all about!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger