Something to chew on

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Go to HEB and Go Green

Today only (as far as I know) the HEBs in Austin (not sure if other Texas locations are participating) are giving away reusable grocery bags when you bring five plastic bags in for trade. Limit two per person if you have 10 plastic bags to recycle.

If the bags they're giving away today are the same ones that I have, the quality and size are superb. Two take care of my grocery runs with no problem at all.

Today only between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Go!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • This is a great idea. I read recently that 14 plastic bags equal one gallon of gas. Yes, they are a petroleum product. Maybe the price of petroleum will encourage stores not to use them so freely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 15, 2007 9:58 AM  

  • We have several canvas bags that we use at HEB. 2 are the ones HEB has been selling lately, 1 is from Rachel Ray's Magazine that she sent me for free and one is from the original Central Market from when it first opened. They are wonderful. We can fit most everything in them instead of the 20 plastic ones they would normally give us.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at November 15, 2007 6:01 PM  

  • I only got a couple of little refrigerator magnets when I re-upped my Rachael Ray magazine subscription... :-(

    By Blogger Summer, at November 16, 2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger