Something to chew on

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Steaming Made Easy

Have you seen the new steamer bags from Ziploc??? (No money or bags have exchanged hands in the writing of this post, by the way.) I used them for the first time this week and I'm trying to figure out what to use them on next.

I had never cooked fish for myself. Ever. Well, maybe in college when throwing some frozen yellow sticks in the oven qualified as "cooking fish." And this weekend I was wanting something healthy, so I decided a nice mild white fish would be the way to go. Cole doesn't eat fish, so he got a grilled NY strip instead.

Anyway, back to the fish. I chose a beautiful fillet of halibut from Central Market. The friendly guy at the fish counter suggested a tomato/basil/chipotle spice packet as a rub. A little extra virgin olive oil, 3.5 minutes in the microwave and dinner was done. The roasted vegetables took more time and work than the fish itself. Maybe next I'll try some fresh Brussels sprouts in one of the bags. Cole will be so excited.

My points for the day. Nothing steamed...

Breakfast:
oatmeal: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: banana 2 points

Lunch: Smart Ones quesadilla: 4 points
chips and salsa: 2 points
snack cake: 1 point

Mid-afternoon snack: grapes: 1 point

Dinner: pork chop: 6 points
applesauce: 3 points

TOTAL: 21 points. I'll take it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger