Something to chew on

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Before Turkey

I am not mentally prepared for a Thanksgiving meal. For some reason, I have this self-defeating "eat and have fun now, you can get in gear again after the New Year" thinking going on. So wrong. So negative. So damaging.

I'm trying to reverse that thinking and get into a healthier state of mind before we sit at that Thanksgiving table. And I'm already promising myself this: I will not fill my plate with beige food like stuffing, dressing and mashed potatoes. I will instead opt for colorful foods like fresh cranberries, green beans and sweet potatoes (scraping the marshmallows off the top), and I will not let my foods touch on my plate. It's all about portions and making the healthiest choices from what is laid out before us. I will drink plenty of water. I will take extra walks with the dogs. I will get my hair cut Saturday and know that I look and feel better than I have in ages. And all those things will give me the boost I need to get out of this frame of mind. It will. Really.

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points
plain English muffin: 1 point
(one of those Thomas brand 100-calorie muffins)

Lunch: chicken and pasta: 7 points
5 saltines: 1 points

Afternoon snack: trifle: 5 points

Dinner: pork chops: 4 points
apple: 1 point
Parmesan slices: 1 point
snack cake: 1 point

TOTAL: 28 points. Not good, but I can't ignore the numbers.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • suuuuummmeeeeeeeer...

    my start was a false start, and i feel like such a loser. i am a mess. i am still gaining but i will not get on the scale. i just am in the midst of this blog thing right now and i need to maintain a certain level of... well whatever it is i'm doing. for now. but it's hurting me. craziness. i gotta pull back. but i feel stressed and slammed - our local paper offered me a food column and i am very nervous about it... i have to deliver - by friday and then pray they love it. lordy.

    i know there can be no excuses. but i screwed up. i need to get back into my swing. like soon. but not tomorrow...

    By Blogger michael, claudia and sierra, at November 21, 2007 8:33 AM  

  • Congrats on the column, that's wonderful!!!

    You crack me up. Oh, and we'll be in Nashville in December if you need to pawn any of your beautiful creations off on us... ;-)

    By Blogger Summer, at November 21, 2007 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger