Something to chew on

Friday, October 08, 2010

Today

I'm not a size 2. I'm not even a size 10.

I'm not 22 or even 32.

I'm not blonde or tall or tan.

I have freckles, scars on my left cheek and left thigh, and I have big feet. I still have a retainer.

But... I have more confidence and comfort in my own skin today than I've ever known. As much as I joke about calling in the plastic surgeon the second that I need to, I'm trying to age in a healthful way. I'm eating better than I have my whole life. I'm walking daily and even working out a few times a week. I'm drinking a ton of water. I'm smiling, not afraid of the wrinkles that doing so might bring. I'm making new friends, taking lots of photographs, getting plenty of sleep and hugging everyone I can get my arms around.

Today I will walk the streets of NYC and say hi to strangers. Today I will eat a cupcake and not worry about the calories.

Today, I turn 39. And for some reason, I'm loving it!

(Many thanks to 666 Photography for the fun photo shoot. Makeup by Lisa, photos by Gayla. This is a before-40 gift that every woman should give herself.)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger