Something to chew on

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bacon: A Destination

We went to Bacon today, the new restaurant in the old Screaming Goat Location at 10th and Lamar. Personally, I think bacon has jumped the shark a bit -- or maybe it's just that I will 9 times out of 10 choose sausage over bacon -- but I was willing to give this place a go with Cole and a group of friends during lunch today. I have to say: It wasn't bad at all.


They have lots of cute bacon stickers and t-shirts to go along with the theme.


Two diners at my table had today's bacon waffle: Blueberry waffle with hickory bacon. Apparently there was perfect bacon distribution and every bite included bacon.


I opted for the (healthier?) Clarksville Cobb, no red onions, leek vinaigrette on the side. It was delicious. Very fresh. The chicken was cooked to moist perfection.


One friend went for it and had the Double Grind Burger. He gave a very satisfied "two thumbs up" while his mouth was too full to utter words.

 

It was good though a bit pricey for a quick weekday lunch (my salad was 12 bucks). I can tell you to resist the urge to buy the "thick slices" of bacon on the special board. When I think of thick-sliced bacon, I think of Peter Luger's Steakhouse in Brooklyn -- bacon so thick you have to use a knife and fork to cut it. It is delicious! The "thick slices" at Bacon weren't thick by any definition of the word. They were actually underwhelming.

So, in a few words, Bacon is good, but there is still room for improvement. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger