Something to chew on

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 7: 1/2 Pound Down

Well, I'm seven days into my self-assigned challenge of taking a picture of everything I eat for (at least) 30 days. I'm liking what's going on!

First, I stepped on the scale this morning and am down half a pound. Yay! That might not seem like much, but I'm looking at it this way: If I lost half a pound every week for a year, I'd be 26 pounds down overall. That's fun to think about!

Secondly, it's forcing me to make better choices. It feels great to be honest and accountable to myself, but I also know there are a handful of people out there watching and offering their support, and I'm proud to tell them -- through my pictures -- Hey, look, I chose tomato soup instead of a bag of potato chips today.

Finally, I'm starting to see my diet through a rainbow lens. After having a completely beige day a few weeks ago, I'm been challenging myself to work more color (and I don't mean M&Ms) into my day. This morning, that meant a handful of blueberries mixed into my oatmeal. Delicious! And, a serving of fruit before I even got dressed!


What would you learn about your diet if you photographed everything you ate for 30 days?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger