Something to chew on

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A New Way to Journal

I take lots of food pictures. Whether we're eating when we travel, visiting local restaurants or even cooking at home, I always have a camera within quick grabbing distance.

Couple that with the fact that I'm ready to start trying to get healthier again, and I had an idea: I'll journal, but in photographs only. So, yesterday at lunch, it began. I took a picture of everything that I ate yesterday and my photo food journal was up and running!

My goal is simple: to be honest with myself and more thoughtful about what I eat.

Our brains can do so odd things, like when we're driving late at night and your brain says, "Sure, rest your eyes for 10 seconds. It'll be fine." When it comes to food, my crazy brain often tells me, "If no one else sees you eat it, it doesn't count." Well, with this need photo food journal, it doesn't matter if anyone else sees me eat it. I'm taking a quick photo to force myself to see it.

It's about accountability and honesty. And if I can lose a pound or two along the way, I'll be thrilled!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • that's a really cool idea. i think this would make me more accountable, too, because half of the things i eat (even more bc i often eat alone and do not eat "real" meals) would be horrifying to other people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 26, 2011 12:58 PM  

  • Yep. Half the things I eat late are horrifying to ME. :-)

    By Blogger Summer, at January 26, 2011 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger