Something to chew on

Monday, July 16, 2007

Patience, Grasshopper

Well, I weighed in Saturday, just like I always do. And the scale didn't budge. No loss, no gain. And that's really fine.

I still have 9.4 pounds to lose before I reach my goal, and if there's one thing I've learned along this journey, it's patience. I don't need to be at goal by a certain date for a wedding or getting into a bathing suit or going on a trip. I'm reaching for my goal to maintain it and live there. Period.

I've lost and gained and lost weight before, but this time I truly feel like I'm looking at it differently. It's not about a rush to lose 2 pounds by Saturday. It's more about learning to control my portions and cook more healthfully and get my body moving. It's about allowing myself a splurge and forgiving myself, knowing that I haven't ruined everything with one margarita or piece of birthday cake.

This time for me, it's about losing the weight and learning to maintain. Before, it's always been just about losing the weight. For some reason, that feels like a huge lesson and shift in my thinking. And it feels good and right!!!

Breakfast: South Beach protein bar: 3 points
banana: 2 points

Mid-morning snack: yogurt smoothie: 1 point

Lunch: mini-bagel sandwich: 5 points
pretzels: 2 points
WW snack cake: 1 point

Afternoon snack: chewy granola bar: 2 points

Afternoon grazing in the kitchen: chips: 2 points

Dinner: pork chop: 5 points (picture above)
steamed rice: 3 points

TOTAL: 26 points. Four more than I would have liked. All the dogs and I will walk it off in the morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger