Something to chew on

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Walk It Out

Time to put the pedometer back on...

Pedometer users walk farther, get healthier, researchers say

People who set daily walking goals for themselves and clip on a pedometer to count the number of steps they take go farther in life than those who don't -- a whole mile farther, in fact.

New research from Stanford Medical School shows that people who use a pedometer walk about 2,000 steps -- or 1 mile -- more every day than those who don't, and along the way they lose a little weight and lower their blood pressure.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I guess I need to dust mine off and clip it on so I don't gain anymore weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at November 21, 2007 2:01 PM  

  • I'm going to add one to my xmas list - I posted my wish list to Santa for things to help me get moving more!

    P.S. I've added you to my blogroll page. If want to add mine that would be great - if not, that's ok too, totally optional.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2007 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger