Something to chew on

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lost

Why is this an issue for me? Why do I have to obsess and worry and fret? I know all the rules and tips and tricks, why can't I just use them?

I'm kinda at the point of not knowing what to do, just kinda lost. I mean, I know what to do: Eat less, eat better, move more. But I'm missing something somewhere. There's a disconnect between the knowing and doing. How do I bring it together? How do I get some momentum toward healthier?

Here's what I'm gonna try today: Just tracking calories. Good, bad or ugly, I'll be putting them here. I think that's part of the issue for me: accountability. Working from home, I'm afraid I'm taking on this "the calories don't count if no one sees me eat them" attitude. Maybe the simple act of tracking -- of showing the world what's going into my mouth and onto my hips -- will make a difference. Here we go!

Breakfast: Sugar-free cappuccino: 50 calories
cereal: 150 calories
1/2 cup fat-free milk: 40 calories
banana: 80 calories
(total: 320 calories)

Lunch: tuna and crackers: 210 calories
steamed veggies and butter: 150 calories
(total: 360 calories)

Afternoon snack: 1/4 cup peanut butter M&Ms: 230 calories
(total: 230 calories)

Dinner: grilled cheese sandwich: 400 calories
vegetable soup: 70 calories
Hostess snack cakes: 100 calories
(total: 570 calories)

Total for the day: 1480 calories. That seemed much easier that it normally is for me. Maybe the trick for me is the tracking, the accountability, the honestly with myself. And maybe I'll count calories again tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Ohhhh Summer - how the Patricks understand! No joke.

    Until now, it's pretty much only been me - the one who struggles, but lately, even Chance has started to gain weight. He walks around the house with his pants unbuttoned. (:

    It's hard - trying different things and failing. Detox, calorie counting, ww, gym memberships, workout videos...I get started all the time, but then quit a month later - usually because I feel like I need a 'pat on the back' for doing so well. That 'pat' tends to last another MONTH though, as I say "oh next week i'll get back to healthy"...etc.

    I need to make a LIFESTYLE change - do something feasible that I can KEEP doing to keep weight off. That's the hardest thing. I know I don't want to count my whole life - and I know how much I love eating. Portioning is good, but...not so easy sometimes.

    It's tough. Good luck going back on the calorie counting train. Sometimes I think being a 'foodie' must be some sort of addiction. Just don't know how to cure it. (:

    By Blogger Claire, at October 14, 2009 11:05 AM  

  • Super Summer,

    I only have two pieces of advice.

    First, avoid processed foods at all costs. They destroy the body and will to move. Second:

    http://www.santasearch.org/playmusic.asp?ID=2686
    http://www.santasearch.org/music.asp?PID=2&AudioID=2686

    You can do it. It's a lifestyle change you will forever love.

    By Blogger Jim, at October 14, 2009 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger