Something to chew on

Monday, November 26, 2007

Sleeping in the Bathroom Floor

Being sick, even for 20 minutes, just sucks. All the rich overindulgence during the last five days finally caught up with me last night. Actually, it was around 1 this morning. I woke up in a clammy sweat, then went to shaking cold, then sweating again within the span of about four minutes. I was afraid something horrible was coming, so I quietly wiggled out from between a warm little dog and two kitties and staggered into the bathroom.

Feeling like I was hanging out in a sauna, I stripped my pajamas off and laid on a pile of dirty towels in the floor to try to cool off. Awful. I hate feeling like that. I promised the food-karma police that I would eat better if I could just get through that moment, and I prayed to God that it wasn't my time to go. That's how awful I felt.

(Paragraph left out here to spare you the graphic details.)

After somehow getting my body temperature back to normal, I slithered back into my pretty blue pajamas and climbed back under the sheets. I don't think anyone ever knew I had been gone.

Getting back on track...

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: apple: 1 point
peanut butter: 3 points

Lunch: soup: 2 points
naked pita bread: 1 point

Afternoon snack: oatmeal: 3 points
snack cake: 1 point

Dinner: chicken nuggets: 6 points

TOTAL: 20 points on the nose.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger