Something to chew on

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Fear Going Back

Sometimes I forget that I've lost 40 pounds. My hand still automatically goes to the size 12s on the rack when I'm shopping, and I have to make a conscious, deliberate shift to a smaller size. I guess it's good that I don't look at the 14s any longer though. hehe

I have only 8ish pounds to go before reaching my goal, but sometimes when I have a day where the scale inches up a pound because I didn't drink enough water the day before or had a heavy dinner, I still worry that I'll turn around and the number will have rocketed back up to where I started. I'm determined to not let that happen though. I have set my red-flag weight afterall.

I did have a pretty cool "is that me?" moment last week though. I caught my reflection in the window at the restaurant where we were waiting to be seated, and I didn't recognize my own hips and thighs. In a good way!!! And I'm trying to remind myself of moments like that when I step on the scale and don't see the progress I want for that week: I have made big-picture progress.

I'm sure Cole just loves it when I squeal in a restaurant and say, "Honey, look at my thighs!!!"

Breakfast: oatmeal: 3 points

Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points

Lunch:
BBQ pita: 6 points
chips and salsa: 3 points
peanut butter cookie: 2 points


Afternoon snack:
artichoke hearts: 1 point

Dinner:
sushi rolls with Kellie: 6 points

TOTAL: 23 points.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I think it is totally natural to feel that way. It took time to lose the weight so it will take time to lose the mentality that went along with it.

    I read this book "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl". She talks about breaking the mentality a lot.

    By Blogger Goaledgirl, at November 30, 2007 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
SummerTX's photos More of SummerTX's photos
          Healthy Lifestyle Blogger