The Guilt of Yumminess
During my weight-loss journey, I've learned that I'm not an emotional eater as so many who struggle are. I don't turn to the pantry when I'm sad or to the fridge when I'm worried. My biggest struggle is portion control, which leads to a whole other set of emotions that follow: love of the yumminess, guilt over the gluttony, fear of the impending step on the scale, you get the picture.
There are also a few other things that I realized after our movie outing:
- People who eat ice shouldn't come to the movies. Or at least, the person who is with said ice-chomper should say, "Hey, man, the whole theater can hear you. Cut it out!!!"
- What happened to personal space??? There were all of 25 people in this theater that would gladly hold 150. Two rows above us there was a couple who had gotten there early and secured their seats right in the middle of their row. There was a couple about eight seats down from us and a few folks in the rows below us. Well, another couple came in late and went up two rows above us and sat right beside the couple in the center. They didn't speak to each other as if they knew each other. 125 other seats to choose from, and they sat without even one cushion between them and the couple already there. Cole and I would have moved, don't you know.
- Whoever it is who first decided to submerge a battered pickle in hot oil: I want to shake your hand.
- If Cole ever leaves me and runs away to join the circus, I'm moving to Hollywood to find Timothy Oliphant.
- How did we ever survive movies and bad TV from the '70s??? It was just awful...
- BUT... Cartoons were much better when I was a kid than they are now. I'm not talking about the cool Pixar stuff. That's, well, cool. I'm talking about true Saturday-morning cartoons. I miss them.
Breakfast: yogurt smoothie: 1 point
blue berrymuffin bar: 2 points
Mid-morning snack: banana: 2 points
Lunch: taquitos: 5 points
beans and cheese: 3 points
Afternoon snack: graham crackers: 3 points
Dinner: chicken nuggets: 6 points
TOTAL: 22 points on the nose!!!